Wednesday 24 February 2016

∆ Uni Essentials + Tips and advice ∆

Hey beauties!
So seeing as Uni is just around the corner (uni break went so fast this year!) I thought that I would write a post dedicated to my essentials. This post is to help those of you who are in first year (or even those of you in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year), so you can get an idea of what items will help to pull you through those long and tedious lectures, tutorials and workshops.

I'll start by giving you my background. I am currently in my second year studying a Bachelor of Physical and Health Education. In 2014 I started studying a Bachelor of Science majoring in Exercise Science and Rehabilitation. I discovered halfway through my first year of this degree that it wasn't something that I could see myself pursuing in the future so I transferred into my current degree and completed my first year in 2015. Studying to be a teacher is definitely more challenging than I first imagined; you have to be organised and on top of everything. There is numerous assignments (both individual and group), quizzes, exams and placement components to the degree so if you aren't organised you will easily forget something important.


The items below are my essentials that I think are necessary to pull you through and help you make the most of your university experience.


My first essential is a pair of headphones, preferably ones that sit over your ear. Why do you ask? Headphones are a must when you are studying in the library; even if you sit in the quiet areas people can walk past and I find that if I have a pair of headphones they help me to concentrate so much more. The reason why I choose over ear headphones is because Earphones that sit in the ear can make my ears sore after a while and they also don't have the ability to block out background sound like over ear headphones. The ones I own are from SONY, they weren't too expensive (~$55 AUD I did however get them on a boxing day sale) and they have awesome sound pay off. Well worth the money in my books.





My next essential item is a pair of decent sneakers. You do a lot of walking around at uni (especially if you have to park your car off campus) so it is best to have a good pair of comfortable walking shoes. The pair of shoes that are my go-to's are my converse; as you can tell mine are getting a bit worse for wear at the moment!. I have the standard white pair and a grey pair; both are very plain colours so super easy to style with any outfit! If you have any classes that involve you to be physically active (like us PE teachers or exercise scientists) I would recommend a pair of proper joggers that give your feet a good amount of support. 



                                                         Converse Chuck All Stars


My next essential is a watch! You really cannot get by without one. My tutors and lecturers are quite strict on phones, so if you need to check the time make sure to invest in a watch. Watches are really on trend at the moment so you'll be sure to find a super cute one that will totally rock your style as well as being totally practical! Bonus! My beautiful watch is by The Horse, I received it for christmas from my parents and I have had it on my wrist ever since. Last year at uni I had a beautiful rose gold JAG watch, which I also love. 

       THE HORSE WATCH

A diary is also a MUST when attending uni; it's a foolproof way of keeping track of all the key dates for assignments, presentations and exams. Mine is from TYPO; there are heaps of cute diaries out at the moment so there is no excuse for being on schedule. You will also need some super cute pens to jot down all your information. 

                                                                                                                              TYPO DIARY


     SHARPIE PENS

My next must have item is a body spray to keep yourself fresh and fruity throughout the day. As if you don't want to smell nice instead of like body odour, especially during Autumn session. Mine is from Victoria's Secret it is the scent "coconut passion". 


Any electronic device is a MUST at uni, whether it be a tablet or a laptop. You can use them to start your assignments or homework early while you have a break between classes or you can use them to take notes in class if thats your preferred method. The best way I have found to take notes is to print off the lecture slides the night before your lecture and write your notes in pen on the side. You can even customise the slide set to include lines for your notes. I  then store my notes for that one subject in a display folder and I will then go and do that for the rest of my subjects. The computer I take is my macbook pro 13" with retina display. If you are looking at purchasing a mac check out apples education prices as students ALWAYS get discounts. 


My final essential is a little zip pouch like this one from Sportsgirl (it actually came in a set with a bag I bought); it makes it super easy to carry all your cards and money in the once place and it still has room for you to carry some lipstick and lipgloss ( I even carry my car keys in here). The thing I love most about this pouch is that it has a long strap, this makes it super easy to carry but also to clip into my bag so it doesn't get lost at the bottom. It also small so its not going to be hard to fit into your bag.

SPORTSGIRL POUCH FEATURING MAC lipstick in Velvet Teddy and Revo Lip balm in Strawberry

Thats it for my essentials beauties! I really hoped you enjoyed this one, I am thinking of doing a back2uni series so let me know in the comments what you would like to see next! Have an awesome day and stay beautiful xx


No comments:

Post a Comment