Wednesday 10 February 2016

Huge Homewares Haul featuring IKEA, Kmart and Bunnings!

Last week I decided to refurbish my room in time for the recommencement of uni. I made a trip to IKEA, Kmart and Bunnings and am I happy with what I picked up or what!


The desk I ended up choosing (from IKEA) is the MICKE corner desk in white, and boy do I love this desk! It is a perfect size for my room, it sits nice and snug in the corner of my room which means it doesn't take up much space. SCORE! The desk top itself is perfect, you can sit a computer in the very back corner and still have books spread out in front. This is perfect for being able to see everything without having to move your head back and forth. It also features a magnetic whiteboard with two shelving units on either side (which can be rearranged to your liking). The most unique part about this desk is the paper tray that pulls out under the shelving units, its perfect for keeping your desk tidy and decluttered. 
IKEA MICKE Corner Desk

The next item I purchased from IKEA is the famously iconic ALEX drawers. I picked up the 5 drawers so they could double as storage and a beside table. Again, I am in love with these too. They are perfect for makeup storage and anything else you may need, mine aren't even full yet (maybe because I haven't unpacked the rest of my room...). 
ALEX Drawers

The last of my IKEA haul was two beautiful pot plants (pot and plant sold individually). I am so STOKED that I picked these up because they make my whole desk area look fresh and clean. These plants are super inexpensive too (around $8 for the plant and pot), so super hard not to pass up. 
IKEA Potplant

Next on my homewares haul is Kmart; who can do a homewares haul without going to Kmart right? I picked up this beautiful rose gold candle holder and some tea light candles to sit on my desk (going for a neutral theme). It is simply stunning to watch this beauty burn; the holes in the jar allow for the most beautiful light leaks. The next item(s) I picked up from Kmart included some pillows, since deciding to refurbish my room I decided I needed some pillows to tie in the colours a bit better. Kmart has the most awesome pillows at the moment; some very on trend prints and only $10 a piece. I left with two reversible black and white grid pillows and a beautiful teal green pillow with the word "love" written on it in gold. 


KMART candle holder in light

KMART candle holder without light

Next stop was Bunnings; here I picked up some mesh grid from the outdoors section to use as a photo hanging wall. It was $6 and I just bought some clear hooks to stick on my wall to hang it up. This piece was a total bargain for my room and a perfect way to neatly organise my photos (I spotted a piece like this in IKEA earlier for around $50!). 
Room overview with Bunnings mesh grid and Kmart pillows

Well thats it for the haul guys! Let me know what was your favourtie piece of the haul in the comments below. Thanks for reading and have an awesome day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment