Monday 22 February 2016

Review: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

Here we go! The ever so beautiful and seductive Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette! If you want to hear my thoughts on this palette keep on reading. 

Where do I even start; this palette is an absolute gem. Ever since I bought it (early December 2015), this palette has been on my lids almost 24/7. It is a stunning palette that features 16 beautiful shades ranging from mattes to shimmers all infused with the infamous cocoa scent ( if you do a swatch and lick it, it literally tastes like chocolate!). Too Faced claims that this palette was created through drawing inspiration from their chocolate soleil bronzer (which I am dying to try!).  This palette is so versatile and easy to use; simple everyday looks can be created as well as stunning, dramatic night time looks. That makes it the perfect palette to use for day to night looks! 






These are the shades featured in the palette:
Matte shades: milk chocolate, triple fudge, salted caramel, semi-sweet and strawberry bon bon. 

Shimmer shades: gilded ganache, black forrest truffle, marzipan, candied violet, amaretto, hazelnut, creme brûlée, haute chocolate and cherry cordial. 

Highlight shades: white chocolate (matte) and champagne truffle (shimmer). 







My all time favourite shades/ones I always reach for are: "milk chocolate" for the perfect crease shade, "salted caramel" for the warm toned transition, "marzipan" for a beautiful shimmery lid, hazelnut for a beautiful outer v depth shade, creme brûlée for a beautiful lid and haute chocolate also fro darkening the outer v. 

Shades I wish I reached for more: black forest truffle, candied violet, strawberry bon bon and gilded ganache. 

Overall I love this palette so much and it is definitely worth the $70 AUD to try it out. Since using these eyeshadows I just cannot go back to drugstore quality because there is none that I own that even come close to these beauties! Have an awesome day lovelies.







No comments:

Post a Comment